Sunday, November 2, 2008

Ever had a Prayer Answered?

If you've read any of this blog, you can't help but realize how much this dog means to me. Luke came into my life from two good friends when he was about 7 years old. I instantly felt a bond with this animal that words can't describe. And while I've loved every animal that God has blessed me with, my old "Lukey Boy" is truly something special.

As Luke and I get older and our hair gets whiter, I can't help but think about how to make the most of the remaining years we have together. None of us know just how long we'll be on earth, but it's likely that Luke will get to heaven before I do. Sometimes when it's just the two of us, I'll tell him "Luke, just promise me you'll live one day longer than I do."

I've often wondered about Luke's younger years, and wished I could have known him as a puppy.

I guess God heard my thoughts.

Out of the blue, Luke's former owner came to see me recently and asked me if I'd like to have several old VHS tapes that he'd saved from 1997 when Luke was 1 year old. These tapes were taken of Luke when he was a puppy, and you can literally see him learning, growing and getting bigger as you watch each tape. Lukes loving characteristics and his "desire to please" are clearly evident in these decade old tapes.

For me, watching these tapes is like being able to step back in time.

It's like having my prayers answered.

No comments: