Wednesday, November 12, 2008

This was a Tough Day

This was a Tough Day

We had a follow up visit today with the Veternary Surgeon that originally repaired Luke's damaged ACL, and the news was not what we wanted to hear. Our surgeon advised that the earlier procedure had failed and Luke must have additional surgery.

I learned today that the procedure to repair a torn ACL involves resecuring the tendon ends with a filament type line that is double clamped to hold it tight. The filament resembles the kind of high test line used in deep sea fishing. It sounds primitive, but this is how it's done.

The photo above was taken after Luke's first surgery. According to our Vet, the upcoming procedure won't be as invasive and will not require as long of an incision.

I think about the little aches and pains I complain about daily, and then I realize the discomfort this poor animal has endured. Inspite of this, he wags that tail and is always ready to play.

I need to keep this in mind next time I catch myself whining about something.

No comments: