Saturday, July 7, 2007

My Watch Dog




I've got a watch dog. He lays beside my bed, just inside my bedroom, looking out the door way and down the hall. From this perspective, he can see the entrance to each of my daughter's bedrooms, and the staircase leading to our rooms.

He comes to bed when the last family member does, and stays on guard until everyone stops stirring. He is always the last to go to sleep. If someone gets up during the night, so does he.

He makes sure our family stays safe at night. As he sees it, this is his job.

I love this dog.

1 comment:

Ben said...

I love Luke!!! I have a Golden too and he is the best dog ever! So yeah, it's 12:52am EST and I stumbled across your blog kind of randomly...that whole "blogs updated" thing on the top of the blogger.com website. Most times I just like to see how lame most blogs are, and then I found yours and--I like it!

Pat Luke on the head for me!

-ben